Shipping cost for
A monumental sideboard or back bar was designed and built for the hunting lodge or summer palace, which was the third largest home of a very wealthy old aristocratic Paris family.
- Spectacular antique Black Forest design furniture
- Commissioned about 1870 and remained at their country estate north of Paris until we brought it to America.
- Signed in various places by "Chas. Loueall, Paris"
- Main panel is a whimsical hand sculpted tableau of a fox stealing a chicken with a stately hen house in perspective in the background
- Hand carved of solid quarter sawn oak with deeply carved three dimensional sculptures of griffins, lions, fruit and vines
- Top surface has been refinished for durability. The rest of the original finish has been waxed and buffed, preserving dings, mars, shrinkage separations, & warping from age. All that is needed to maintain the soft luster is an occasional wipe with a soft, dry cloth.
- Gilt bronze ornate hardware with silver accents and lion heads is original
- Drawers have hand cut dovetail joints
- Doors have working locks and keys, drawer locks do not work, the key is a handle only
- Adjustable wood shelving in upper section
- Shaped and beveled glass door
- Raised panels
- Disassembles into many pieces for delivery
Size is 108" wide, 26" deep and 135" tall.
Please view 28 photos at full screen size for best detail. Related items in photos are sold separately.
Shipping rate based on ground floor garage or storage building delivery from a trusted, feedback-rated service provider and does NOT include set up. Each piece would be labeled and we will provide a video and notes on how to set up. You would need to hire local carpenters to do that at a later date. Typical turnaround time is 14 business days, up to 30 for some areas.
Item # 42552