A finely detailed engraving is the fifth in a series of paintings by William Hogarth (1697-1764) titled "Marriage à-la-Mode" and was a satiric take on high society's marriage customs.
- Antique engraving British work of art dated late 1790s after original painting
- Engraved by "T. Cook" and published by famous booksellers "G. G. & J. Robinson, Paternoster Row, London"
- Exquisite detail and amusing satire
- Modern hand painted pinstripe mat under glass
- Sealed within a custom frame about 50 years ago, not opened for inspection so print date is uncertain
- Plate 5
Overall size is 25.5" wide, 22.5" tall, and 1.5" deep.
Please view 15 photos at full screen size for best detail. Related items in photos are sold separately.
We carefully pack and ship Fed Ex or USPS depending on size and destination. Shipping charge added at check out.
Discount rates available to many areas in WI, IL, MN, MO and OH as well as FREE Store Pick Up in Kaukauna, WI. Contact us for more information.
Item # 46540