A pair of Baroque design columns have cement or stucco bases, hand carved Ionic capitals, and date from the late 1700s.
- Architectural salvage said to be from the family chapel at a palazzo in Sicily, Italy
- Brought to America about 25 years ago for an Aspen, Colorado project that was never built
- Losses to bases - see photos
- Various repairs over the centuries to the wood columns with layers of colorful worn paint
- Wood pillars are single solid tree trunks, hand hewn to have classical "entasis" or swollen shape to look correct from a distance
- Hand sculpted capitals each have a unfinished rough carved corner where they were attached to a cornice
- Each column is three stacking sections, and must be attached to a wall, they are not free standing
Overall size is 20" wide, 19.5" deep, and 111" tall. Capitals are 16" tall and 15" across. Pillar pieces are 82" tall and 11" round. Bases are 13" tall and 20" across.
Please view 18 photos at full screen size for best detail. Related items in photos are sold separately.
Important Shipping information: We offer significant discounts for shipping multiple pieces out of state. Posted ship rate based on ground floor delivery from a trusted blanket wrap service provider. Most deliveries occur 14-30 business days from payment, some slightly longer, some shorter. *We only send one driver out West (AZ, CA, CO, ID, KS, MT, NE, ND, NM, NV, OK, OR, SD, TX , UT, WA and WY). Large pieces will require physical help from the homeowner to unload in these states. *Deliveries that require stairs or elevators take more time and can usually be completed with advance notice and a surcharge. *Items requiring a ferry or remote area (Mountain homes, Islands, Keys, etc.) may be excluded from posted shipping rates. *Delivery to properties with COI requirements or limited hours for service may be excluded from posted shipping rates or additional charges may apply. Contact us for more information.
Discount rates available to many areas in WI, IL, MN, MO and OH as well as FREE Store Pick Up in Kaukauna, WI. Contact us for more information.
Item # 45637