Hand hewn in the Renaissance manner, this charming putti or cherub sculpture has a serene lifelike quality.
- German antique statue from around 1850
- Solid hand carved wormy walnut with hand hewn chisel marks all around
- Shrinkage separations from age - see photos
- Commissioned for a church or a private chapel, the traditional enlarged head and hands are for perspective from viewing below, and shows masterful artistry
- Signed "A.S." on bottom of foot
- Pegs on back where originally wall mounted
- Original finish has been waxed and buffed, preserving minor dings & mars. All that is needed to maintain the soft luster is an occasional wipe with a soft, dry cloth
- Weighs 17.5 lbs
Size is 18" wide, 8" deep and 29.5" tall.
Please view 16 photos at full screen size for best detail. Related items in photos are sold separately.
We carefully pack and ship Fed Ex or USPS depending on size and destination. Shipping charge added at check out.
We offer discounts for shipping multiple pieces and very economical rates to many areas in WI, IL, MN, MO and OH as well as FREE Store Pick Up in Kaukauna, WI. Contact us for more information.
Item # 42934